Installing MegaGrass artificial hedge walls and privacy panels is a quick and easy task. All of our synthetic ivy panels can be easily separated and reattached to form almost any shape or size combination you can think of. On most surfaces, a hammer or drill can get the job done within minutes. It really is that simple!
How to Install Artificial Hedges on a Wooden Wall
- Hammer and Nails or
- Staple Gun and Staples
1. First, we always recommend planning out the the tools and space needed. This should always be the first step in any DIY or home improvement project. Take a look at your space and measure exactly what you need to make project come to life. Once you have your exact measurements, order your new faux privacy hedge panels or speak to one of our team members to see how many panels would work best for your project. If you are planning to do something more creative than square or rectangle panels, it will help if you lightly draw your design or vision on your wall with a pencil. This can help in obtaining the right measurements, but also in placing your hedge panels in the right positions.
2. When your new ivy hedges arrive, you can begin customizing them to the exact shape and measurements you need. If you need to, you can easily cut each panel down to the exact size you need. Simply use a sharp pair of scissors to snip the panels and then reassemble them using cable or zip ties. You can create a seemingly infinite number of different combinations with this tactic. A common concern is that the zip ties will show through the ivy. Don't worry, our ivy is the highest quality, meaning it is full and lush enough so that no one can see behind the surface!
3. Now that you have all of the panels cut down to size, it is time to attach them together and get ready to mount them to your wooden wall. To connect the panels, simply snap them in place. Our simple yet secure connecting system allows you to easily snap your panels together via the snaps located on the sides of each panel. If you had to cut your panels down to size, you can easily reattach them using zip ties. MegaGrass fake ivy walls are packed with full foliage to hide any zip ties, fasteners, or adhesives.
4. Now that you have your panels ready, you can begin to mount them to your wooden wall. This is the part that many people think is complicated, but in reality, it is as simple as sticking some leaves to a wall. Place your faux hedge panels on your wall and use the nails or staples to stick them in place. Whether you use nails or staples can depend on a number of factors, such as the type of wood, thickness of the wall, or what you have behind the wall. If your wall is outside and you have decorations or art on the other side, nails may not be the best idea.
5. Once you have your new MegaGrass artificial hedge panels in place, it is time for you to sit back and marvel at your amazing work. This is truly the best part of any DIY project. Invite your friends and family over and let them think you ran out and installed a new natural hedge wall in one day!.
How to Install Artificial Hedges on a Metal/Colorbond Fence
- Timber Beams
- Drill and Screws
1. If you have a metal fence, you will need to do a little extra work, but it is still relatively simple. To securely attach your privacy hedge to a metal fence, you will need to install timber beams approximately every 40cm or so. Begin by planning out exactly what you want to do. Most metal fences have ripples in them, so you want to make sure your ivy panels are not flush against the fence. This will cause your ivy wall to become wavy and lose much of its realism. Also keep in mind the timber beams that you will be installing as well.
2. Attach your timber or wooden beams to your metal fence. This can be done by screwing or attaching them at the top and bottom of each beam. Remember, you want your timber beams to be placed about 40cm apart to ensure your ivy panels fit properly. You can use screws to affix the beams vertically to your metal fence at the top and bottom. Then, place timber beams horizontally in between the vertical beams and attach them to your metal fence.
3. Once you have your timber beams attached to your metal fence, it is time to get your artificial hedge wall ready to be installed. Separate the panels or cut them using a pair of sharp scissors. Our faux boxwood hedge panels can be easily reaffixed using simple cable or zip ties. Our secure connecting system allows you to snap full panels together securely and easily in just seconds.
4. It is now time to attach your faux hedges to your metal fence. To do this, you are going to want to use your screws and washers to attach the ivy panels to the timber beams. It is recommended that you use 12 screws and washers per meter of faux hedge wall. It can be possible to attach your hedge wall directly onto your metal fence using your screws and washers, but this depends on what you have on the other side. With metal fencing being so much thinner than other materials, you will likely have sharp screws sticking out through the other side.
5. Time for the fun part. Invite all of your family and friends over to marvel at your handy work or simply enjoy the realism of MegaGrass artificial hedge walls. Marvel at the beauty of the thick leaves year round!
How to Install Artificial Hedges on a Wire Fence
- Zip Ties or Cable Ties
1. Attaching MegaGrass artificial privacy hedges to wire or mesh fencing may seem like a tough task, but this is actually one of the easiest surfaces to install ivy on. As with any home improvement project, you first want to start out by measuring exactly how much privacy hedge you are going to need. With a wire or mesh fence, there is no need for anything extra to attach your hedge panels to, so you simply measure and order what you need. Feel free to contact our team with any questions or concerns.
2. Time to prep your new faux hedge panels. In some cases, you may need to trim or reshape your hedge panels to the right shape or size for your fence. To do this, you will simply need to use a pair of sharp scissors to snip and cut the artificial hedge panels into the exact measurements you need. To reshape them, you can use your cable or zip ties to reattach them together. This works well for odd-shaped sized fencing that you want to completely cover.
3. To get your panels ready for mounting, you will need to reattach them together. Our artificial privacy hedge panels come with an exclusive interlocking system that is easy as a snap - literally. You simply use the snaps located on each panel to reassemble your panels into the sizes and shapes needed. For the hedge wall panels you have had to cut to size, you can simply use your zip or cable ties to stick them back together.
4. Now that we have all of our MegaGrass hedge wall panels cut down to the exact sizing we need, it is time to start attaching them to your wire or mesh fencing. To do this, use your zip ties to attach the panels to your fence at the top, bottom, and through the middle of your panels. This will ensure a tight fit and a more realistic look as your hedge wall won't start popping away from your fence. Once you have all cable ties attached, go to the backside of your fence and pull all of your ties as tightly as possible. Use your scissors to snip the excess hanging through the back of your fence. This will keep your new faux hedge panels in place much better and will ensure your ties aren't getting caught and yank out your hard work.
5. To create a thick hedge look, you can attach hedge panels to both sides of your fence. Follow the same steps for the second side, but be careful when snipping cable ties so you don't cut leave or panels. The thick flora will hide your cable ties and help create a full hedge look.
6. Marvel at the natural beauty of your new boxwood privacy hedge. Invite the neighbors over to enjoy the gorgeous view and let them wonder how you were able to grow such a wonderful landscape piece in almost no time.
How to Install Artificial Hedges on a Brick/Concrete/Stone Wall
- Hammer & Nails
- Drill and Screws
- Steel Wire Grid
1. Of all the ways to install a synthetic boxwood hedge wall, attaching them to concrete or brick is the most difficult, but still doable. Begin the process by measuring out exactly what you need. Take measurements of your wall or space that you are looking to fill. If you are getting a bit creative, be sure to stencil or pencil draw your design beforehand to help with measuring. For help, simply speak with one of our helpful team members to discuss your project or vision.
2. Now that you have measured your space or design and ordered your MegaGrass ivy panels, you can start customizing them to fit the space or need you to have. You can create almost any shape or size you need by snipping the MegaGrass faux boxwood panels and reassembling them however you see fit. All of our hedge wall panels come with interlocking snaps that will allow you to securely piece them all together. If you had to cut any of them to fit your sizing, you can use cable or zip ties to reassemble them into the proper sizing.
3. Now that the measuring, planning, and customizing of panels are complete. The fun part begins! Attach your wire grid to your concrete or brick wall using screws and anchors or nails. Start by measuring where you will need your wire grid to be hung and start drilling holes for screws or nails. While it is possible to use concrete nails, we do recommend using screws and anchors as they tend to hold a little better and for longer periods of time, giving your wall that fresh and realistic look.
4. Next, you want to hang your fake hedge on the steel grid you just installed. To do this, you only need cable or zip ties, scissors, and a little bit of patience. Use the zip ties to attach your new synthetic boxwood hedge to the metal grid. Once you have the ties tightened properly, use scissors to snip the excess ties off the ends to provide a fully realistic look.
5. Sit back and enjoy your amazing work. All of the great features and benefits of our MegaGrass artificial hedge wall panels are now yours to enjoy. Let your guests know how amazing your faux hedge panels are, let them think you busted your hump doing a lot of hard landscape and yard work. No matter which you choose, your secret will always be safe with us.
Benefits and Features of Artificial Hedges
At MegaGrass, we take pride in all of our products. Our team of researchers and developers are always looking for ways to include new features and benefits into our ivy hedge walls.
- Never worry about watering or ivy wall maintenance! MegaGrass synthetic boxwood hedge panels will maintain their full and thick foliage all year long with no maintenance required.
- It takes almost no time or work to install our faux privacy walls to almost any surface. Within a matter of minutes, anybody can have a lush hedge in their yard, home, or office.
- Your safety and the health of those around you are at the top of our list of priorities. MegaGrass only uses 100% lead/latex free materials to produce all of our MegaGrass artificial boxwood hedges.
- All of our products are 100% recyclable.
- Catching sun rays is a great way to pass the time and enjoy the great weather. Unfortunately, all of those great rays can also pose potential health and safety risks for you and those around you. Our ivy boxwood hedges provide UV protection to give you and your family a little extra peace of mind on those bright days.
- Not only are our ivy colors super realistic, but they also never fade! All of our synthetic hedge panels are designed to resist fading due to light, water, and other natural elements.
- MegaGrass artificial hedge panels can be easily secured to almost any surface, as well as having securely interlocking snaps for each panel to fit together perfectly.
- A major drawback of using natural ivy in your decorating and landscaping projects is the amount of work and water it takes to maintain it. When you go with our ivy hedge panels instead of real flora, you can save yourself a lot of time and water!
- Mother Nature may create beautiful things, but she is also a force to be reckoned with. All of our synthetic hedges and privacy walls are created to be able to withstand extreme weather conditions year round.
Why Shop at MegaGrass for Artificial Hedges
MegaGrass doesn't just sell products, we sell solutions. This is why each of our team members strives to provide you with great service and the best experience possible. That's why we offer free samples on all of our products, so customers know exactly what to expect before they commit.
- We stand behind our products, offering a 3-year manufacturer's warranty on all of our artificial boxwood hedges.
- MegaGrass offers customer support options 24/7. Email us at email@example.com or head over to our Q&A section, where we have a dedicated team just to answer your questions!
- FREE SHIPPING on ALL of our ivy products!
- MegaGrass not only offers a low price guarantee on all of our artificial ivy products, but also offer the highest quality ivy on the market. Not convinced? Take a look at the competitors on Amazon trying to sell a few cheap strands of "ivy". We've got great products and want our customers to have the best ivy out there.