• Forums
  • Products
  • Is the weed barrier necessary to maintain my artificial grass?

Is the weed barrier necessary to maintain my artificial grass?

Jun 23, 2020 - 2:02 PM

• Is the weed barrier necessary to maintain my artificial grass? Is it guaranteed that weeds will grow if I don't use it?

• Weed barrier is always optional when it comes to artificial grass installations. Here are some opinions on weed barriers: If budget permits, I will recommend to go with it. Weed barrier is installed on top of the sub base and right below the turf, so it is not something you can do afterward, a good plan needs to be in place before installation of the turf. Regardless using weed barrier or not, there won’t be serous weeds problems once artificial grass being installed, some areas might have worse weeds problems than others, most likely, weeds will find the edges of the artificial grass lawn and try to grow. Very rarely but possible the weeds grow through the drainage holes on the turf. In most of such minor weeds cases, people can simply pull the weeds out manually or use weed killers. We have found that some people intentionally leave the weeds at couple of spots so the overall artificial grass surface looks more natural. Again, we don’t see weed can present big issues for any artificial grass installation and therefore we always suggest weed barrier as an option only when budget permits. Please let us know if you have any further questions by email or this online form: https://megagrass.com/pages/free-estimates

Quick reply