I want to makes cuts to the artificial grass myself, any advice?

May 6, 2020 - 1:19 PM

• I want to makes cuts to the artificial grass myself, any advice?

• Cutting artificial grass is not a different job to do. For a typical artificial turf installation, installers normally perform two phases of cutting: first to do a rough cut allowing 3-4 inches of extras along the perimeters so the piece over covering the installation area a bit, then try to move the piece and fit it as perfectly possible, once done, you can start to precisely cut one end of the turf and secure it in place so the entire piece won’t move on you while you are doing the final move-around and cut.
    To do the cutting work on artificial grass, all you need is a sharp carpet knife or utility knife along with your tape measures. You will score the cutting from the back of the turf, not the surface: this is more like cutting carpets.
    For not handy people, I will suggest you find a precessional installer to do the artificial grass installation for you to ensure a great result.
    We are here to help with all your questions and concerns, please email or fill out this online form: https://megagrass.com/pages/free-estimates

Quick reply