How durable is a synthetic grass?

Feb 16, 2020 - 10:53 AM

https://megagrass.com/community/question-and-answer/forums/4133/topics/13792 COPY
  • Will I be spending more than what I used to after switching?

• Megagrass artificial grass is very durable which can withstand a lot of traffic and usage. All of our artificial grass products are engineered to last a long time, in normal weather, up to 25 years. Our products have been tested by independent labs for the turf fiber strength and tuft bind (holding the turf fibers in place). That is why you see more and more sports fields are being converted to artificial grass from real grass. Imagine playing extremely active sports on the artificial grass, it has to be able to withstand the movements, twisting, shoe cleats and slides. Artificial grass now days have been dramatically improved to handle all sorts of traffics and usages, so that you can have a peace of mind regards to your concerns of turf’s durability.

• That sounds reassuring. I'm hoping that my artificial grass will last long too.

• The durability will be based on how rough are you going to use the artificial grass. So choosing the right product is important too. You don't want to order artificial grass for lawns if you will use it on golf course.

• Good to know! My kids love playing football and they play like every day! I was concerned with my newly installed artificial lawn that it might get easily damaged.