Is artificial grass resistant to sea and chlorinated water?

Feb 10, 2020 - 2:18 PM

https://megagrass.com/community/question-and-answer/forums/4133/topics/13689 COPY
  • Would there be an effect in case I spilled sea or chlorinated water in my artificial grass?

• Yes, artificial grass is resistant to sea and chlorinated water. We make our turf products non-porous so sea and chlorinated water won't penetrate the artificial grass fibers and damage them. However, such harsh water can have the residues such as chlorides to build up on the turf fibers even though there is no damages done to the turf itself. Once such buildups accumulate, you will see the whitish color on the turf fibers, people might think of that as turf being discolored or fading, but it is not the case: using fingernails to scrape the grass fiber you will be able to remove the residues off and show the true color of your turf, such residues buildups not only happens to artificial grass, it happens to real grass lawns as well because not sea or chlorinated water does it, regular water will do the same to grass surface as well. Again, such water residue buildups can happen on your cars, or any type of surfaces, but technically such buildups won't damage the grass fibers at all. Cleaning these residues off can be a painful process, and if the water sources not be stopped, I don't see there is a reason to spend time getting the turf cleaned knowing that such buildups will come back again and the buildups are really not going to damage anything.

• This is a good thing since my house where I installed the artificial grass is near the beach. Sometimes my kids will go home from swimming at the beach with their wet clothes dripping.

• Less worries that water buildups may damage anything. I also like how I can just wipe the artificial grass with some cloth or even my fingernails in removing water build-up.