Do I need to worry about insects when I have artificial grass installed?

Feb 9, 2020 - 10:08 AM

https://megagrass.com/community/question-and-answer/forums/4133/topics/13660 COPY
  • Our lawn seems to attract insects to our yard. Will this be solved by switching to artificial grass?

• You do not need to worry about insects when having artificial grass installed. Artificial grass is made of polyethylene and polypropylene which are considered as plastic components, such product will not provide any ideal or friendly living conditions for insects. Artificial turf is non porous so there will be minimum moisture for insects to live with. As many homeowners have realized that after installing artificial grass, they have seen a big drop of insects problems or insects problems are totally gone. Therefore, having artificial grass will minimize or eliminate insects issues and has great advantage over real grass on this concern.

• So many mosquitoes at night here in our area and knowing that artificial grass will minimize insects is such a good deal and a sigh of relief.

• Thank goodness I'll stop dealing with ants! Ants always live in our grass so it's not good to stepped at.

• I do not think insects would want to live on artificial grass!

• I have an artificial grass and it's true that it does not attract insects. The only ones that attract it are the kids and the pets. lol