Can I play sports on artificial grass?

Feb 3, 2020 - 1:03 PM

https://megagrass.com/community/question-and-answer/forums/4133/topics/13560 COPY
  • Won't it tear or get destroyed?

• Artificial grass was invented because of sports. The famous Astrodome which was build in the 1960's was a multipurpose sport facility, but because it is a dome, real grass won't grow inside, so the carpet industry came up the idea of making plastic carpet which was called Astroturf to be installed. That's when the artificial grass industry got started, during the past 50 years, the industry has emerged completely differently in respect of products, now days, artificial grass is more of grass than carpet, however, the application of using artificial turf for sports have never changed, today, more than half of the turf industry's revenue is from sports and most of our products have been developed with playing sports in mind, and therefore you surely can play sports on artificial grass surfaces.

• I agree. It was initially made for sports. Until a lot of companies saw its potential and it became a hit even for residential use

• Absolutely. We actually play tennis on my friend's backyard where their artificial grass is installed. It really feels like real grass!

This post was edited Feb 4, 2020 01:34PM
  • It is. It's actually an ideal surface for a wide range of sports.

• These are mostly installed in any sports field, I don't see any reasons you can't play on the artificial grass surface

• Thankful for the person who invented the 'AstroTurf'. I would like to have one on my lawn and play golf or badminton. I can't wait!

• The lawn tennis court in my son's school uses artificial grass. I played on it once and it feels good playing on it since it's not slippery.

• Our artificial lawn is also perfect for my kids playing outside. I like watching them play football in the morning in our garden. They liked it so much.