What is the best infill to choose with your artificial grass?

Jan 27, 2020 - 11:52 AM

https://megagrass.com/community/question-and-answer/forums/4133/topics/13457 COPY
  • It depends on your applications and your budgets. In general, we have the following different infill products to choose from:

• Regular kiln dry silica sands, in 16 and 30 mesh sizes If you don't have extra budget, this is the cheapest way to go. The sand color is tan, but once applied onto the artificial grass, they will sink into the grass and you won't see any. For regular artificial lawns, you can use #16 which is a bigger particle, and for artificial putting greens, you should use #30 which is a smaller particle.
    • Green color coated sands, in 16 and 30 mesh sizes if you would like to upgrade from regular sand to a green colored option, this is your choice. Same rules apply as above for your applications.
    • Zeolite If you have pets, and would like to have something to neutralize the dog urine smells, zeolite will be the perfect solution. It offers great benefit of neutralizing dog smells on artificial grass. This product only comes in with one size and also can help to keep artificial turf cool.
    • TCool If you live in a very hot area and your artificial grass lawn is getting hot often, you should use Tcool for your infills. This is a premium product that keeps your artificial turf cooler by almost 50 degrees F!
    • Antimicrobial infills This product is sand to be coated with antimicrobial agents and comes in a green color and two different sizes of #16 and #30. If you worry about bacteria or germs ro anything grows in your artificial grass, using this type of infill will give you a peace of mind.
  • I live in San Jose and I think TCool is the perfect one for me. Thanks for these great recommendations!

• The regular dry silica sands looks decent to me at a very cheap price, so I think I'd go for it.

• Antimicrobial infills for me because I'm quite paranoid about bacteria build up.

• Has anybody here used Green color coated sands as their infill?

• Any of those mentioned should be good, but still depends on application.

• I'll choose antimicrobial since my kids will surely always play on the artificial grass.