What's the hottest temperature that this fake grass can withstand?

Jan 20, 2020 - 7:15 PM

https://megagrass.com/community/question-and-answer/forums/4133/topics/12817 COPY
  • Typically our artificial grass will hold up to 200 degree F. But you will need to be careful installing turf in extreme hot areas. Given the consistent extreme hot temperature, artificial grass will last shorter than in normal temperatures. For an example, in a city like Los Angeles, our grass product can last up to 25 years even it can get really warm during the summers as the hot won't be extreme. In some desert areas that you will get over 100 degree F hot days constantly, the lifespan on turf will be greatly reduced. The best way to discuss this concern with us is to provide your address by sending us an email, and our expert will reach out to you to provide more specifics based on your address.

• I live in Los Angeles, so it's a relief to know that the product can still last up to 25 years long! Thank you for shedding some light on that.

• I live in Arizona and fake turf owners here don't seem to have any issues with their turf getting too hot.

• This is what exactly I was looking for! I am planning to install an artificial grass where the sun shines directly on it. I guess it'd be ideal to add some shades if this is the case.

• I live in a very hot area and I'm confident that my turf could withstand it.

• There are different way to keep it cool. You might want to check them out.

• Some grasses can only hold up around 170 degrees. Definitely a reason for you to get MegaGrass products if you're in an extremely hot area.